Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My wonderful trip to Harrisburg/Philadelphia/Gettysburg

So for spring break I was very lucky to see my beloved sister Lyndsey and the best brother-in-law Mike that a guy with two sisters could ask for. I spent three days out east which flew by and I definitely wish I would have been able to stay longer. But the powers that be I.E money, School and the length of days between my flights made sure that I made it back up to Bemidji.


On my first day in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania my flight landed and Mike came and picked me up. When flying in I was within oh three miles of Three Mile Island which melted down but was the least destructive of all the nuclear meltdowns in history. But upon getting in the car Mike told me we were gonna try to go to Troegs brewery with Jake and Dave. However upon coming up on the brewery it was closed. It was Sunday which is understandable but it seems as though in Pennsylvania things are closed on odd days. So we decided to head back to their house and I got to see the Puppies who were super excited to see me. We took a quick cat nap and then headed to the grocery store to make dinner for Lynds. The store in we went to was unlike anything I've ever experienced so it was fun. We make spicy cubanos and they were delish. The nighted ended early after some planning for the days i was gonna be out there.


On the Monday we made a quick jaunt to Philadelphia which took about an hour and a half and we began our auto tour of the city. It was a very good looking city overall but I had some major history on my mind. We went to take a look at the tours of Independence Hall. It was an amazing tour with our tour guide who brought to light some of the chilling details about the history site. Unfortunately my camera batteries died but Lynds took some amazing pictures.She is turning into quite the photographer and takes a ton of pictures. After the tour of the Hall we went and saw the grave of the unknown solider from the revolution and then the Ben Franklin bridge that leads over to Camden NJ. It was awesome being able to look at the bridge however I would probably never travel across that I hate bridges.We continued seeing the sights such as Ben Franklin's grave and then a few other interesting sites. We went to the Philadelphia museum of art and did the very touristy Rocky steps. We took a ton of pictures of the stairs and Lynds failed to pull the Rocky arms off. She didn't understand how to put her arms straight up in the pose haha. The size of the museum was simply breath taking. Mike was more excited to get to Tony Luke's for a true Phili cheese steak. And it was probably one of the best but fatting things I have ever eaten.


It was a few hour drive back to Harrisburg but we needed to let the pups out to go to the bathroom and we took a trip to the local bar for some good French onion soup and beer aka the Lager. Again an early bedtime was in the plans as we prepped to head to Gettysburg. But seeing as how I have class in the morning I will complete this tale later.




No comments:

Post a Comment