Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My weekend at home

This past weekend I was able to take in two pretty good hockey games at the University of Minnesota. The Bemidji State Beavers got swept unfortunately but it was a blast taking a game in with the man who gave me the gift of playing the sport my dad and then bringing a guy from school to the game.

While I was at home I was fortunate enough to take in a few meals with some people who are pretty close to me. On Saturday morning I was able to go out to breakfast with my Grandma Sandy. We had a great time at Good Earth in the Galleria with a great breakfast a lot of conversation and a great gift. My Grandma gave me something very special when we were at breakfast one of the watches my grandfather had and wore. It means so much to me to have part of him with me when ever I leave and head somewhere. It was an emotional morning but it was well worth it to see her and spend time with the ones I love.

That evening before the hockey game I was able to take in a great Perkins meal with Sarah my friend who goes to Gustavus Adolphus. It had been quite a long time since we had hung out so it was great to sit down and talk about life and the events that make it great.

After the hockey games of the weekend I headed back north for The Fighting Amish's tangle with Brutal. We were expecting a full team but unfortunately we had five guys and a goalie meaning we were forced to play the entire game. It ended up being a successful venture as we won 6-2. I was able to crack the score sheet for the first time this season with two assists and was very successful in the face off dot winning about half of my draws.

Now with winter finally breaking through in Minnesota my parents were able to jet off to Hawaii for two long weeks of hot sand, sun and water with cold drinks and no three am wake up calls from work. I hope they have a great vaca in the tropical islands.

One more game separates the Amish from the playoffs and only two short weeks until I jet set out to Harrisburg to see Lynds Mike and the fur kids for a few relaxing days out of the winter wonderland that is Bemidji..


Until then You Stay Classy Bemidji and to Life Love and Loot

No comments:

Post a Comment